Thursday, December 6, 2012

This N' That Thursday

Added at 11 AM:  I received an email from Barry stating that if anyone orders a fountain in December and mentions they heard about it on my blog, he will include a matching food dish at no charge!!



 

Today I am reviewing a new fountain I recently purchased for the kittehs.  I have used a Drinkwell Platinum Fountain for years.  I was not aware that plastic fountains can get small cracks in it and harbor bacteria.  Earlier this year, I went through a very unpleasant time where Dunkin was having stomach issues, with both vomiting and diarrhea.  I firmly believe that he was getting sick from the water fountain.  The fountain was about two years old.  I replaced the fountain (with another Drinkwell), and his symptoms went away.  I just figured that I would have to buy a new fountain every 6-9 months.  Then I found a link to my new fountain.

Presenting......

The Glacier Point Perfect Pet Fountain.






It was kinda pricey, but it will last for years, and I can stick it in the dishwasher.  The basin is porcelain.  No plastic.  I have been reading alot lately about pet products coming from China, and the dangers of the toxins that are in some of the products. 



The basin holds almost a gallon of water and there are slots on top for 4-32 oz bottles.  I only put one at a time, and keep the bottles filled with water in the refrigerator.  Nothing but the best for my babies.


The basin comes in red, white and blue.  It has a cute logo on it.   I spoke on the phone with the owner/inventor of the fountain for some time before I bought it and found Barry to be very knowledgeble about the product and most helpful.  He answered all my questions and was not in a hurry to get rid of me.

I was very impressed with his customer service.
He pointed out that the water actually passes through a blue tube that is filled with charcoal with a styrofoam plug on each end.  Most fountains have filters that the water runs over.

My main issue with the Drinkwell was the sliminess of the fountain.  I took it apart every week and scrubbed it down.  This fountain is a breeze to clean.  You turn off the fountain, lift the plastic cover off (take off the bottles first), and scrub the basin, or throw it in the dishwasher.  Easy Peasy.

I give the fountain 5 stars!  And so do the Jewell kitties!!

Here is a link to the website if you are interested.  I believe that they have a bigger fountain for dogs.

I feel much better about the water my babies are drinking now, and I don't worry about bacteria in the water.  I have also noticed that the water is not slimy like it was with the Drinkwell.


 Gracie says she gives the fountain 5 stars also!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment