Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hat Band

One of my hobbies is beading.  I love making jewelry, fan pulls, and all kinds of things with beads.  I found this awesome lampwork artist.  She used to live in Austin, but has since moved to Indiana.  I love her beads.  You can find her Etsy shop here:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/mixedmediajewelry?ref=seller_info

Anyway for the rodeo this year, I got a new hat.  It didn't have a hatband, so I wanted to make one.  I used two sets of beads that I had bought from Moon.  I think it turned out totally awesome.  I got a lot of compliments on it.  


This is the focal bead at the very front of the hatband.  I went very simple with beads and large silver spacer beads.  I used a hemp ribbon.  My favorite color is blue and I think the beads look so good with the brown hat and the blue accents.









These are the side beads.  Moon does such awesome work!!!











The other side.












This is the back.  One of the beads was this awesome round one with a hole in the center.  I went to my local bead shop Sea of Beads (here is their website:  http://www.seaofbeads.net/) and got this cool silver button.  I think it makes an awesome focal piece for the back of the hat. 







Believe me I was one styling cowgirl at the rodeo!!!

Here is a photo of the handsome boy.  Half asleep.  Love this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment