Thursday, April 26, 2012

This 'n That Thursday


Today I am veering away from kittehs.  I am going to talk about my awesome nieces and nephew.  Years ago I lived in South Dakota, where the winters just about did me in.  I hate cold, and the winds were always blowing, and snow, and freezing temperatures.  I survived over 10 years.  I think I should get a medal.  Anyway, my sister lived in Austin, and was having the cutest babies on earth, so I moved to Austin to be closer to them.  I will never regret doing that.  I got to see them almost every day, go to their games and concerts, and talent shows.  They really were the kids that I never had.  K is 27 now, and in New York going to pastry school.  I am so proud of her.  She has really found her niche, and I am so happy for her.  J is 25 and married to an Army Lieutenant, expecting their first baby any day.  D is 23, the only boy, graduated from UT in December.  Working as a Drilling Engineer in Houston.  D also writes songs, and is quite the singer.  I have a short video (excuse my bad taping) of D singing several years ago at a winery. 

 
All the kids are real sweeties.  I mean really.  They are kind, compassionate, caring people.  My sister and her husband did an awesome job of raising these kids.  I am SO PROUD of all of them.  Just totally awesome kids.  I love them so much.

Enough gushy stuff.  

Cute cat picture coming up....

 
Look at that cute face.


No comments:

Post a Comment