Thursday, May 10, 2012

This N' That Thursday


 What a cute little face.  Who could hurt this baby?  For the life of me, I just don't get it.

I have been reading a lot lately on Facebook about animals who have suffered cruelty at the hands of humans.  I'm sure it has been happening for some time, but the internet brings it right into my home and makes it so real.   I can not comprehend how anyone can purposely hurt an innocent creature like a helpless animal.  It makes my stomach hurt, and I am concerned that often the perpetrator is a child. 

What has happened in that child's life for him to be so brutal and cruel to a helpless animal?

And what is society's punishment if he is caught? Most of the time it is simply a slap on the wrist. 

What has happened to us, that we so little value life?  The inevitable cycle is that the child will often grow to kill humans.

I really don't know what to do, besides contribute to the chip-ins for these poor creatures. 

The sadness of it all is really over-whelming.  What are we to do?  How do we teach our children kindness and respect for all life?

Sometimes it really frightens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment